Hope you all are staying healthy and happy amidst all the Covid situation we all are in.
Don’t you feel low/frustrated/not so great some days ? Well, I DO !!!
We all go through different phases, feeling different emotions, in life which is sounding philosophical as I am writing it :D… but isn’t it true ? Ever since this COVID -19 has taken over the control of our lives to a great extent, feeling low/frustrated/sad/unmotivated has become more prominent.
If you’re coming across my Blog page for the first time and don’t know me well – Just wanted to tell you a very defining term for myself, that’s – A super hyperactive soul who has this strange phenomenon called OCD (google it if you aren’t sure what it is 😉 ) . In layman’s terms I keep on trying new stuff and starve for perfection. With such kind of personality, there are rarely any days when I have nothing to do 😛 , I keep exploring new hobbies, interests, things that makes me feel happy and content BUT despite of all this, I feel low – if not very often, at least few days a month for sure. I have a beautiful family, an adorable son whom I love to the moon and back, have a fulfilling job where people actually love me (I know it may sound weird too but one thing for sure is, I see people wanting me to be working with them despite of list of flaws I carry 😀 ) , BUT I still sometimes feel frustrated – I don’t know why but I do and I have no shame in accepting it, because that’s how I feel inside so why I fake being happy outside ?
Having this all said, despite of all those rough patches and tough times, I try to keep my self motivated and going.
2 very important details about it I wanted to write about this are “HOW” and “WHY”.
WHY is it important for anyone to keep reminding themselves that they are worthy ? Because if not yourself, then who else will ? Don’t let yourself feel bad about stuff for too long, it causes DEPRESSION- using this term because it’s heart breaking to see how some very talented people have succumbed to this and mind you the people who get it are not mediocre – they are all the blessed ones who achieve a lot more than average people, highly ambitious and one of their kind ones. Do not ever let yourself sink into it – whatsoever the reason be. Life is beautiful so live it to the fullest !!!
Coming back to the topic I am writing about today, HOW part of this – How one can keep going. Now I am going to write completely my personal experience (may differ for each individual) –
1. When I feel very low, first thing I do is STOP for a while, take an immediate break. Now the strange thing with people like me is we can’t sit idle so when i say I stop, I mean I do something else which is completely different from what i was doing, something that i love to do the most – like talking to someone who adores me and makes me feel good of myself or write or cook or anything – to divert my mind because that’s the key – it’s all about the game of deceiving your own mind at that moment of time. Don’t trust me? Try it once 🙂 .
2. I think about everything that’s great about my life after all nobody has a “Perfect” life but definitely has blessings in some form or the other.
3. Know that social media is full of lies, because nobody shares their weak moments, there. The more you look at how everyone is having gala time of their life the worse you would feel of yourself while you are still in “not so happy” days/weeks/months. So BIG NO to social media, when you think you are already upset.
4. Think of how you made people feel great when they touched your life. I always believe when you are no longer around, nobody may remember your financial status, your position, your personality but all they remember is “How YOU made them feel”. Little bit of gyaan though, but one’s greatest achievement is when they make someone feel good while being around – The impact you leave on other person’s emotions, during short time you spend together, matters the most. I say short span of time as life keeps moving, and we are not with same set of people always but the impact we leave on their life is forever – so give it your best shot 🙂
5. Last but not the least, think about people who adore you, and they adore you for what you are not what you do – so you gotta pull yourself up and get going.
It’s easy to give up but isn’t the life too short to give up unless life gives up on us 😀 .
If you’re feeling low, frustrated, down – Remember no matter how much ever long the night is, it does end with a bright sun 🙂
Stay happy and healthy ! Sending you love !!!!